The trouble with real life is that there's no danger music.
- Jim Carrey from "The Cable Guy"

Music fills the infinite between two souls- Rabindranath Tagore

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
- Maya Angelou

Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Just The Girl I've Been Looking For"

In light of yesterday's post, I've had a change in mood. I'm just now, revived. I'm a new woman. I'm so happy and just full of energy its just nuts! So, I've decided since I posted my down in the dumps playlist, I'll post a high octane energy one. Just one that is fun filled and just jam to. Whether it be in car or in your room or ( I promise I won't say a word) the shower, where you have the vocal range of Mariah Carey.

After yesterday's breakdown, I've just become the happy DJ M that I am usually. I finally accepted things for what they were and the best part, I got an 8.5/10 on my article! I was worrying for nothing!! I knew things would be fine, I just need to have more faith, but as per usual I ramble on when important things need to said like :

the Quote of the Day- "With a great bra and pair of shoes and kick ass shade of red lipstick a woman could take over the world"


Playlist for today's Mood includes:

  1. Stacy's Mom- Fountains of Wayne (everyone knows this one)
  2. Beautiful Soul- Jesse McCartney (I'm not ashamed that I like him, after a day like yesterday everyone needs a song that tells them how beautiful they really are)
  3. Teenage Wasteland- The Who (Who seriously doesn't love that opening? One of the best!)
  4. Unbelievable- EMF
  5. Anyway You Want It- Journey
  6. Hands In the Air- Flo Rida
  7. Raspberry Beret- Prince
  8. When the Sun Goes Down- Kenny Chesney ft Uncle Cracker
  9. Twist and Shout- The Beatles
  10. I'm a Bitch- Meredith Brooks
  11. Walk This Way- Run DMC ft Areosmith
  12. Spice Up Your Life- Spice Girls (I love them and who can't resist this song? I mean even top tapping, its an instant upper)
  13. 3 Small Words- Josie and the Pussycats (I love this movie, its fun and its great to just dance around to. Great beat, perfect to act like a rock star too)
  14. Ride Wit Me- Nelly
  15. Lady Marmalade- Missy Elliot, Lil Kim, Pink, Christina Agulaira, Maya
  16. Ray of Light- Madonna
  17. Girl at the Rock Show- Blink-182
  18. TubTumping- Chumbawumba
  19. Hunk of Burning Love- Elvis (Try your best Elvis impersation. Go ahead... it'll be our secret)
  20. You Can't Stop the Beat- Hairspray Cast
So go put the list and bust it out like you own the place. Dance around and belt it out like your Whitney Houston pre Bobby Brown into a spoon, hairbrush or whatever is in your hand! Nothing is more freeing than pretending your rock star.

No comments: